Tuesday, June 7, 2011

Fishing Deckers June 7th

I've been busy digitizing my library of 35mm slides for the last week. Actually, I've just started. It's gonna be a long tedious process. Today I had to get out of the house as I was getting cross eyed staring at a computer screen and adjusting slide exposures and color balances.
Had  a good day chasing trouts despite the low flows.
As I approached the hole I wanted to fish today I was greeted by a male Merganser who was not very happy to see me.
My first fish came after just a few casts. He took a golden stone fly.

Next fish came shortly after on a chartreuse caddis larva.
When a hatch of large midges started I switched to a white and black JuJubeatis and it was game on for about an hour. Lost a bunch of fish on bad hook sets and one pig who straightened out the hook.
I was surprised by this nice brown who also took a black and white JuJu.
It was a slippery fish day.

Gotta love a good fish day.

3 comments:

  1. Great pics as usual Bob! Glad you are getting in to a few!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely photos! One straightened out the hook!? Dang! Great blog, and am glad to have found you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks E.M.B. I'm glad you found it too. Welcome!

    ReplyDelete